Effective July 9, 2020
We do not rent or sell your personal information.
Information We Collect About You and How we Collect It
Here are the types of personal information we collect about you:
- Information You Give to Us
- You provide us with information in various ways including when you enroll, fill out forms, or update your account profile on Site; communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire, support ticket, or contest entry form; and search Site.
- As a result of these actions, you might give us information including identifying information such as your name, address, phone numbers, email addresses, title, business information, payment information, and taxpayer identification.
- You may choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to use any or all of our services.
- Automatic Information
- Examples of information we may automatically collect and analyze include: the IP address and browser used to connect your computer to the internet; sign in username and password; computer or device information including platform, operating system, location, and time zone; content interaction information including the full URL clickstream with Site; services metrics such as your interactions with service features and content, your settings, and the occurrences of any technical errors; and the phone numbers used to call us.
- Information from Other Sources
- We might receive information about you from other sources.
- For example, we may receive updated business information such as name, address, contacts, billing system, services used, and payment information, from our services resellers or our affiliated merchant account processing partners.
You manage cookies through your browser settings that generally include letting you set when and how you want to accept, be notified, and block cookies. However, if you block our cookies it will likely result in reduced functionality at Site.
Use of Your Personal Information
We use your personal information to provide BillFlash Services for you and for the following related purposes:
- Provide BillFlash Services.We use your personal information to provide functionality; to receive, process, and support the services you request from us; to administer your account; and to communicate with you (e.g., by phone, email, or chat).
- Recommendations and personalization.We use your personal information to recommend features and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with BillFlash Services.
- Troubleshoot and improve our services.We use your personal information to analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of BillFlash Services.
- Prevent fraud.We may use your personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, NexTrust, our affiliates, and others.
- Comply with legal obligations.As required, we collect and use your personal information to comply with governing laws such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process.
Disclosing Your Personal Information to Third Parties
We may need to disclose your personal information to third parties in the following instances:
- Business Partners.We contract with other companies to provide certain integrated services for you such as merchant account processing and debt collection services. When you elect any such service we will then disclose to the business partner the personal information needed for them to perform the requested service for you. These business partners are required to keep your personal information confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for you.
- Service Providers. We may disclose your personal information to companies that provide services to us such as companies that assist us in operating our Sites and vendors that assist us with product development and testing, surveys, and marketing. These service providers are required to keep your personal information confidential and are not permitted to use your information for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for us.
- Resellers. We may exchange personal information with your authorized NexTrust BillFlash Reseller.
- Others: We may also share your personal information with other third parties when you separately consent to such sharing.
We may freely disclose deidentified or aggregated information that is not personally identifiable.
Protecting Your Personal Information
We maintain reasonable and appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security safeguards to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Although we attempt to protect the personal information in our possession, no security system is foolproof, and we cannot promise that your personal information will remain absolutely secure in all situations.
Retaining Your Personal Information
We will retain your personal information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our business requirements and legal obligations and to resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our agreements.
Links to Third-Party Websites
The Site may contain various links to third-party websites. We are not responsible or liable for the privacy practices or content found on those websites. You should check the privacy notice and policies of each website you visit. Links to third party sites are provided solely for your convenience and any use or submission of data to such sites shall be at your sole risk.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As described above, you can choose not to provide certain personal information, but then you might not be able to use all of the BillFlash Services.
- You can add or update certain information on certain Site pages such as in your account profile or by contacting Customer Care as described in the Contact Us section below.
- You can manage cookie preference in your browser. Again, as described above, blocking our cookies my limit the BillFlash Services that are available to you and therefore we recommend that you accept our cookies to take full advantage of our services.
- If you do not want to receive promotional email from us, you can unsubscribe on the received email.
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or delete your personal data. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Customer Care as described in the Contact Us section below. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
BillFlash Services are not intended for children under 18 years of age. If you are under 18, you may use BillFlash Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian. If we are made aware of collecting information from a child under 13, we will delete this information.
California Consumer Privacy Act
If you are a California resident, you can make certain requests regarding your personal information as required under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). We will fulfill each of these requests to the extent required by law.
- What personal information do you collect about me? If you make this request, we will return to you:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collect your personal information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- A list of categories of personal information that we have sold, along with the category of any other company we sold it to. Any of the categories of personal information that we collect could be included in a sale to other companies, including those within our corporate family. If we have not sold your personal information, we will inform you of that fact.
- A list of categories of personal information that we have disclosed for a business purpose, along with the category of any other company we shared it with.
You can ask us to provide you with this information up to two times in a rolling twelve-month period. When you make this request, the information provided may be limited to personal information we collected about you in the previous 12 months.
- Delete My Personal Information. You have the right to ask that we delete your personal information. Upon receiving your request, we will delete the personal information (to the extent required by law) as of the date of your request and direct any third-party service providers to do the same. In some cases, deletion may be accomplished through deidentification of the information. If you choose to delete your personal information, you may not be able to use certain BillFlash Services that require such information.
- Stop Selling My Personal Information. We do not sell your personal information for monetary or other valuable consideration.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights. This generally means we will not deny you services, charge different prices or rates, or provide a different quality or level of service.
To exercise your California privacy rights described above, please contact Customer Care as described in the Contact Us section below.